Private concession initiative support
An investor sought assistance to INFRALEX on the issue of supporting a private concession initiative to create a high-speed railway in the Urals region (hereinafter referred to as HSR), as well as to represent its interests in negotiations with the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation.
As part of the project, our lawyers:
- Developed alternatives for a negotiation strategy with the Ministry of Transport of Russia, taking into account the need to ensure the optimal balance of the distribution of financial obligations, responsibilities and risks between the participants of the project at all stages of its implementation and to ensure the acceptability of the terms of the Concession Agreement for investors and funding organizations
- Participated in business and protocolary meetings
- Prepared documents, additional reference, analytical and presentation materials
- Formulated recommendations for the Client on the possibility of making changes to the draft Concession Agreement (based on the results of negotiations), including an analysis of the impact of changes on the risk allocation matrix for the project
- Developed a legal position in case of disagreement with the Ministry of Transport of Russia during business and protocolary meetings
- Finalized the text of the terms of the draft Concession Agreement and its annexes
This project is part of a strategic high-speed railway corridor. The implementation of this part of the corridor will provide high-speed rail links between Europe and China through Russia.